End Your Anxiety & Take Control – Hypnotherapy Ely and Newmarket
To overcome your anxiety you need to learn to calm all the worry and anxiety and direct your mind in a more positive way. Anxiety thrives when you use your imagination in an unhelpful way by creating worst case scenarios and then feeling worried, uneasy and full of dread.
It may take some time and sometimes it will be easier than other times but you need to persevere and give your brain a break from all those worrying thoughts. To take control over anxiety you need to give your stressed, over working brain, more and more time off and rest so that the perspective of calm can gain a foot hold.
How To Take Control Over Anxiety
Here’s an easy way to start taking control over your anxiety generating scenarios:
- Set aside 10 minutes and sit somewhere comfortable where you won’t be disturbed.
- Close your eyes and gently start to deepen your breathing. Slowly count down from 10 on every out breath and on each one calmly say ‘relaxing deeper’ to yourself.
- When you reach zero imagine being somewhere you would find calming and peaceful. You may imagine walking along a beach or through a forest and as you do so, tell yourself that each step makes you feel more comfortable.
- Focus on the feeling of calmness spreading through your chest, stomach and into the rest of your body. Let the feeling soak through your mind, slowing down your thoughts and making you feel lighter and rejuvenated. If at any time unwanted thoughts come into your mind, gently move them away into the distance and return to relaxing.
- While feeling calm, give yourself positive affirmation and thoughts such as: ‘I am calm, confident and in control. Every day I feel stronger and stronger’.
- As you repeat these positive things to yourself, imagine watching yourself go into situations thinking, feeling and behaving in the way that you want to – calm, in control, positive and resilient.
- When you are finished, count back up from zero to ten and open your eyes, feeling calm and in control.
Make it a positive habit to do this for 10 minutes at least once a day to give yourself a break and start programming your mind for success.
Hypnotherapy in Ely and Newmarket
Struggling with anxiety, stress, worry and fear and need some help? Find out how I can help with a Complimentary Hypnotherapy Strategy Session. Learn more here: Appointments
Find out what dozens of other people have said after their hypnotherapy sessions with Dan: Hypnotherapy Testimonials
And check out these powerful hypnosis downloads that can start helping you right away with anxiety, confidence and more: Hypnosis Downloads