Could you be sleeping better? Hypnotherapy in Ely and Newmarket
March is the Sleep Council’s National Bed Month…but maybe you are too tired to care?
You probably already know the importance of a good night’s sleep so you wake in the morning generally feeling ready for the day. In fact, it’s often suggested that alongside water and food, sleep is equally as important in enabling you to function effectively.
But if you aren’t getting enough sleep right now, everything seems that much more difficult doesn’t it?
You may feel irritable, lethargic, anxious, depressed or stressed as you struggle through your day, looking forward to getting home and getting to bed. But then when you get into bed, no matter how tired you feel, you find that you just can’t sleep.
And so it goes on.
I often work with people desperate for a better night’s sleep, whether insomnia is the only problem they have right now, or it may be as part of a wider issue or anxiety or stress.
If you aren’t sleeping well then you may find yourself lying in bed wide awake, feeling wound up and thinking about all sorts of things – from what you need to get done, what you could be doing with your time instead of lying there and how awful the next day will be as you struggle through it exhausted.
If you need to improve your sleep, here are the first things to start doing today:
1. Your sleep environment
- Make sure your bedroom is dark and warm enough.
- Make sure your mattress is comfortable.
- Keep noise to a minimum.
- Turn the alarm clock the other way.
- Take your TV out of the bedroom.
2. Your mind environment
- Ditch the evening alcohol – it only makes your sleep worse.
- Switch off your TV and computer at least an hour before bed.
- Cut down on caffeine after lunchtime each day.
- If you have a lot to do, make a list so you don’t need to remember everything.
- Get more exercise during the day (e.g. schedule a 10 min walk at lunchtime or after work).
- If you need to think anything through, set aside time earlier in the day to think it over so you won’t need to worry about it later.
To find out many other ways of successfully improving your sleep and to help you start sleeping better quickly, call me on 01353 886158 today to book your free initial consultation. And start looking forward to how good it will feel when you can sleep like a log.
Hypnotherapist & Coach
Hypnotherapy Ely, Cambridge, Newmarket
Ely, Cambridge, Newmarket
Struggling with anxiety, stress, worry and fear and need some help? Find out how I can help with a Complimentary Hypnotherapy Strategy Session. Learn more here: Appointments
Find out what dozens of other people have said after their hypnotherapy sessions with Dan: Hypnotherapy Testimonials
And check out these powerful hypnosis downloads that can start helping you right away with anxiety, confidence and more: Hypnosis Downloads