Relax your mind to reduce anxiety – Hypnotherapy Ely and Newmarket
When you struggle with anxiety, all those anxious thoughts and feelings can leave you feeling exhausted and burnt out.
It takes a lot of mental energy to mentally race through all those anxious thoughts like worst case scenarios and those ‘what if?’ thoughts, and it can feel just as exhausting to try and force them away or distract yourself.
And with your mind on high alert, your body is also ready for action and you may experience all those energy draining symptoms such as a racing heart, sweating and shaking.
So how can you start to cool down all that stressful mental and physical activity?
Relax Your Anxious Mind & Body
Your mind and body are inextricably linked – when your mind is racing, anxious and stressed out, your body responds with associated agitation, restlessness and tension.
So one key to take control over your anxiety is to learn how to use this connection to your advantage – after all, if you feel physically at ease, your thoughts start to feel more peaceful too.
Here is a simple way to start calming your mind and body:
1. Find a quiet, comfortable place where you can be undisturbed for 5-10 minutes. I find it more comfortable to lie down but you may prefer to sit comfortably.
2. Take a deep breath in and let it out through your nose.
3. Take another deep breath and let it out more slowly through your nose.
4. Close your eyes and continue to breathe in this way as you move on to the next step.
5. As you do so, place your hands gently on your stomach. Continuing to pay attention to your breathing, imagine with every in breath you are inflating your belly like a balloon. Feel it rise and expand as you breathe in. As you breathe out, imagine the balloon in your belly is deflating and let your stomach fall.
6. Continue to let your hands rise and fall with your belly. If you find it helpful, you can softly say ‘calm’ to yourself as you breathe in and slowly say ‘relax’ on every out breathe.
7. Continue for 5-10 minutes.
As with any changes that you really want to benefit from, commit to repeating this at least once a day. The more you practice, the easier you will find it to breathe in this way whenever you need to, wherever you are.
You will soon find yourself calming that worry and anxiety and instead feeling mentally and physically more relaxed.
Need Help To Deal With Anxiety?
If you would like to have a chat about how to reduce and overcome your anxiety then get in touch today and ask to book your free initial consultation.
Anxiety Hypnotherapy in Ely & Newmarket
Struggling with anxiety, stress, worry and fear and need some help? Find out how I can help with a Complimentary Hypnotherapy Strategy Session. Learn more here: Appointments
Find out what dozens of other people have said after their hypnotherapy sessions with Dan: Hypnotherapy Testimonials
And check out these powerful hypnosis downloads that can start helping you right away with anxiety, confidence and more: Hypnosis Downloads