Ending The What-Ifs – Hypnotherapy in Ely and Newmarket
Anxiety makes you focus on all the things you don’t want to happen – your mind runs away with all those worries about the ‘what ifs’. You then feel more anxiety and think even more about all those things that could go wrong for you:
What if I make an idiot of myself?
What if they don’t like me?
What if I make a mistake?
What if I have a panic attack, etc?
To beat the anxiety you need to start focusing on what you do want – how do you want to feel in that situation? Your brain is like a sat-nav – you need to tell it where you want to go.
Here’s how to start ending anxiety and creating that more positive mindset:
- Remember a time you felt calm and comfortable (or however you want to feel).
- Imagine being there now, seeing what you saw, hearing what you heard and feeling how calm you felt.
- As you run through that time, make everything bigger, brighter and more colourful. Turn the sounds up (even add a favourite soundtrack) and increase the good feelings.
- Keep increasing the feelings until you feel a strong feeling of calmness and comfort.
- Now, imagine taking that feeling into other situations in your life, feeling calm and relaxed and knowing that whatever happens, you’ll be ok.
Anxiety robs you of your knowledge that whatever happens you’ll be ok, that you have all you need to feel calm, in control and relaxed and you deal with life. Practice tapping into your own calmness daily and soon you’ll find yourself back in control.
Hypnotherapy Ely & Newmarket
Struggling with anxiety, stress, worry and fear and need some help? Find out how I can help with a Complimentary Hypnotherapy Strategy Session. Learn more here: Appointments
Find out what dozens of other people have said after their hypnotherapy sessions with Dan: Hypnotherapy Testimonials
And check out these powerful hypnosis downloads that can start helping you right away with anxiety, confidence and more: Hypnosis Downloads